Bolton's Naturals | Magnesium Chloride Spray
Magnesium Chloride Spray
Magnesium Chloride Spray is a topical magnesium, which means it penetrates the skin, delivering magnesium directly to cells.
The spray bottle makes it easy to use anytime, anywhere, and because it’s pre-diluted with distilled water, even those with sensitive skin can enjoy the benefits of topical magnesium. That’s why Magnesium Chloride Spray is the right choice for adults and kids alike.
For full-strength topical magnesium, see our Magnesium Chloride Liquid in the cap-top bottle.
Directions For Use
Suggested Use: Spray directly onto skin anywhere on the face or body, avoiding the eyes. Product should be fully dried before bathing or washing the skin.
For restless legs, spray on legs before sleep.
To make a hot compress, spray onto tight, tired muscles. Take a small towel and wet it in hot water (as hot as is comfortable). Place over the sore area and allow the heat of the compress to drive the magnesium into the skin. When the compress cools, repeat.
Read our Ultimate Guide to Transdermal Magnesium for more information.
For children, follow these general guidelines:
- Ages 1 – 3: up to 12 sprays daily
- Ages 4 – 8: up to 20 sprays daily
- Ages 9+: up to 40 sprays daily
Ingredients: Magnesium chloride. Each 1ml of spray contains 225mg of magnesium chloride, equivalent to 60mg of elemental magnesium.
Non-medicinal ingredients: Distilled water. Contains no fragrance
Cautions and Warnings: For external use only. Keep away from the eyes. This product is pre-diluted, and should not cause skin sensitivity; however, should you experience redness, rash or irritation, further dilute the product by adding water.
Can you really absorb magnesium through the skin?
Consider the evidence from clinical studies:
- A transdermal magnesium oil with a 31% magnesium concentration applied to the skin and via a foot bath was found to increase cellular magnesium concentration by 59.7% in 89% of study participants, measured through hair analysis1
- In a two-week pilot study, blood serum and urinary magnesium concentration significantly increased in a subgroup of non-athletes following the low-dose application of 56 mg of transdermal magnesium cream per day2
- Intracellular magnesium concentration significantly increased following the application of a transdermal magnesium chlorate spray to the skin for 4 months, measured by epithelial cell and blood serum analysis3