As Store Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day to day operations and performance for the store. The Manager will deliver financial results by creating a positive and supportive environment, setting standards in customer service and staff training and development. This is accomplished whilst owning the store experience from a merchandise presentation, policy and procedural, management,customer and employee experience
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be able to self organize with a strong attention to detail, work within budgets, have a responsibility for timelines and be able to think creatively to drive sales initiatives to the store.
Enjoying a fast paced environment and being a part of a rapidly growing company you will be able to lead your team by example on excellence in customer service, in depth knowledge and experience in retail and the ability to manage a busy food safe environment.
What you'll do:
- Motivate and inspire your team by providing leadership and vision of the companies core values
- Manage your team, capturing feedback in a supportive manner through regular employee reviews and check ins.
- Recognize potential and create staff development plans for employees based on career aspirations and address poor performance; initiate and recommend performance improvement action plans and/or corrective action as necessary
- Create a positive work environment to withhold high staff retention and an excellent customer experience
- Delegate effectively by assigning and overseeing completion of all store responsibilities through the work of others
- Successfully manage, order and maintain all store inventory whilst adhering to set budgets and minimum shrinkage.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints in a professional, respectful manner; educate and empower your team to resolve customer concerns in the moment.
- Evaluate the stores performance and the customers experience using a variety of different reports and surveys
- Review product placement, merchandising, marketing components/signage and promotional strategies to ensure alignment with brand direction and key product strategies
- Collaboratively with your District Manager monitor and adjust schedules to maximize employee productivity, obtain payroll goals and cover key business hours/peak days.
- Holds team accountable to knowing and executing all store processes in alignment with company expectations and standards; ensures team members are trained on all processes.
- Action your sound knowledge of shrinkage and loss minimization and implement reduction strategies with your team.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in both retail management and instore systems, policies and procedures
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an arsenal of customer service knowledge.
- You possess a strong knowledge of nutrition & supplements
- You are goal driven and are able to analyze data to achieve maximum results
- You have an adapt capability to multi-task whilst working under pressure
- You possess confidence, drive and enthusiasm in your skills and abilities
- You have a strong decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- You have strong planning and organisational skills and business acumen
- You are resourceful, resilient and hardworking
- Ability to work 45+ hours each week. The time invested is to set up your team for success and develop and nurture the skills of each of your team members.
- Must be willing to work all weekends and evenings. We expect you to lead by example and support the store during these times.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8hours a day
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Drivers licence and own vehicle is required
- The ability to manage stress internally and the stress of your team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a field relating to retail management or equivalent experience
- 2 + years experience in the health supplement industry
- 3 + years experience in a retail management environment
- Hospitality industry experience also an asset
- A rewarding and supportive company that promotes & supports growth, and nourishes individuality
- Extended Health Benefits (Health, Dental, A.D.D. etc.)
- Volunteer Time Off Program
- Generous Bonus Structures
- Generous In-Store Discount