BODY ENERGY CLUB
- What do we mean by “personal information” and what type of personal information do we collect from you?
“Personal information” means any information concerning an identifiable individual. The type of personal information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- the month in which your date of birth falls; and
- your purchase history with Body Energy Club.
We do not, in providing our products and services, knowingly collect personal information from, about, or concerning minors. If you have reason to believe that a minor has provided personal information to us, then please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details can be found below), and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases as soon as possible.
- Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
We collect and use your personal information in order:
- to provide our products and services to you, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- to deliver the products and services you request or that are that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our business relationship;
- to complete transactions with you, perform our contractual obligations to you, and to send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- to conduct our own internal research to make business decisions about our current and future product and service offerings;
- to correspond with you, including to respond to your questions and comments regarding our products and services;
- to inform you of the products and services that we provide, including new products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- to keep track of your purchases in the event you inquire about your past purchases; and
- for you to participate in our loyalty points programs, in which you are automatically enrolled.
We may also collect and use your personal information for any other purpose to which you may consent from time to time.
- How may we disclose your personal information?
Your personal information will never be sold or traded by us to another external organization.
- Who has access to your personal information?
Only our employees and our consultants have access to your personal information.
- How do we protect and store your personal information?
We store your personal information in our point of sale system known as “Instore”. If you buy products through our website, then your personal information will be transmitted through Shopify’s online shopping platform. Your personal information may also be stored on our servers, which are hosted by a third-party (Express Computers).
We have industrial standard technical, procedural, and physical safeguards in place to protect your personal information. These safeguards are specifically designed to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction.
However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed by an unauthorized person. If it does, then you will be provided with notice of such an event within seventy-two (72) hours of its discovery.
If you ever receive an electronic communication that claims to be from us and which you have concerns about, then please contact us immediately. Phishing, spam, and pirating of email addresses are a growing problem and we appreciate being informed of any relevant incidents so that we can investigate them thoroughly.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as you maintain a Body Energy Club membership.
- What type of consent are you providing to us?
- What if you want to revoke your consent to our collection and use of your personal information?
You may revoke your consent and request a deletion of your personal information at any time. All requests for deletion and revocations of consent should be made in writing and sent to our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer’s contact details can be found below.
Any withdrawal or modification of consent may limit or prevent us from providing you with our products and services, as the deletion of your personal information will in effect cause the termination of your Body Energy Club membership.
- Can you request to see what personal information we have collected about you?
You have the right to request all of the personal information we have collected from or about you. All requests should be made in writing and sent to our Privacy Officer. When submitting a written request, we may request specific information about you in order to verify your identity.
- How do you contact our Privacy Officer?
Dominick Tousignant, Privacy Officer
126 W Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
Telephone: (604) 288-7009
Our website also uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics creates reports about visitor activities that we use to improve our services. Information provided to us through Google Analytics is not provided to us in a personally identifiable format and you may opt out of its use at any time (by using the “Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On”). The information gathered through Google Analytics is retained indefinitely.
- If cookies are being used on the site, maybe include a way on how to opt-out of them, and what effect this might have on the user's experience?