Genestra HMF Forte 20 Billion
Genestra HMF Forte supports intestinal health in adults and children.
• Provides live microorganisms that temporarily modify gut flora*
• Provides 20 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
HMF Forte is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that help promote gastrointestinal health in adults and children.* Supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms will help maximize intestinal colonization, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria.1 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21) stimulated the restoration of microflora after it was altered by antibiotics.2 Likewise, research also demonstrates that a probiotic supplement containing CUL-21 can significantly colonize the gut of healthy adults.3 Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics, and are safe for both adults and children.4 They successfully colonize the intestines, increase the release of antimicrobial peptides from host cells, and decrease the proliferation of pathogens.4 Probiotics also control the permeability of epithelial cells by mediating tight junction formation, and prevent pathogenic adherence to cells by increasing mucin release on the intestinal surface.4
Dairy free, gluten free, Vegan, Non-GMO, No artificial colours or flavours
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Take 1 capsules 2 times daily with meals or as recommended by your health professional.
If you have an immune-compromised condition, do not use. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, stop use and consult your healthcare professional. Keep out of the reach of children. Use only if safety seal is intact. Store under refrigeration.
1. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
2. Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
3. Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
4. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.