What is Maca?
Maca is a perennial tuber that is native to the Peruvian Ande. It is typically grown in harsh weather conditions at high altitude. Maca is sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng? and was highly revered by the Inc.
What Makes Ecoideas Maca Different?
What makes Ecoideas different is our commitment to sustainable, organic agricultur. We have personally visited the organic farm and farmers, ensuring ethical trade and sustainabilit. Ecoideas Maca is cultivated exclusively at high altitudes in the Peruvian Ande. The maca is then naturaly dried using wind tunnels, and is thus kept ra. Beginning with the bestt organic producte and drying it gently is how we provide you with the highest quality maca powder.
What are the colour differences?
There are several ecospecies of maca available:
• Raw Back Maca is the rarest ecospecies of maca.
• Raw Red Maca is the second rarest ecospecies of maca root.
• Raw Yellow Maca is the maca most used by Peruvians in daily life.
• Raw Maca Blend is simply a blend of red, yellow, and black maca. This option is for those who wish for a less directed, wider spectrum of benefits. Approximate % breakdown is as follows: yellow maca root: 70%, red maca root: 20%, black maca root: 10%.
• Premium Maca is a blend of yellow, red, and black maca that has been purified and sterilized with Steam and Vacuum – a 100% natural purification system for organic products. Used with our Premium Maca, this unique and efficient process is able to provide us with the purest maca product.
• Gelatinized Maca is known to be more soluble than regular maca. During gelatinization, the long chains of starches are broken down, making the maca more bioavailable. It also mixes easier into food and beverages. This maca variety is not raw, but the thermal process used involves only a quick application of heat (seconds), and does not degrade the maca powder.