Store Manager APPLY NOW
Vancouver's Best Vitamin, Sport Supplements and Smoothie bar has an opening for: Store Manager
About Body Energy Club:
Body Energy Club was founded in 2002. It all began in the modest 500 square foot space on Davie Street, in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC. Founded on the concept of providing affordable and convenient health options to the community, Body Energy Club is now a thriving business of over 17 locations. There are 15 in Canada and two in Los Angeles with over 150 employees who still holds the company’s core value of a strong commitment to its community. Body Energy Club is a one stop shop for all nutritional supplements, vitamins, smoothies and clean food options.
About the role:
As Store Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day to day operations and performance for the store. The Manager will deliver financial results by creating a positive and supportive environment, setting standards in customer service and staff training and development. This is accomplished whilst owning the store experience from a merchandise presentation, policy and procedural, management, customer and employee experience.
Reporting to the Area and District Manager, you will be able to self organize with a strong attention to detail, work within budgets, have a responsibility for timelines and be able to think creatively to drive sales initiatives to the store.
Enjoying a fast paced environment and being a part of a rapidly growing company you will be able to lead your team by example on excellence in customer service, in depth knowledge and experience in retail and the ability to manage a busy food safe environment.
Who you are:
- You pride yourself on being a role model and are looking for a position to launch your career in a rapidly growing, yet supportive company
- You love people
- You are an expert in both retail management and in-store systems, policies and procedures
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an arsenal of customer service knowledge
- You possess a strong knowledge of nutrition & supplements
- You are goal driven and are able to analyze data to achieve maximum results
- You have an adapt capability to multi-task whilst working under pressure
- You possess confidence, drive and enthusiasm in your skills and abilities
- You have a strong decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- You have strong planning and organisational skills and business acumen
- You are resourceful, resilient and hardworking
What you'll do:
- Motivate and inspire your team by providing leadership and vision of the companies core values.
- Manage your team, capturing feedback in a supportive manner through regular employee reviews and check ins.
- Recognize potential and create staff development plans for employees based on career aspirations and address poor performance; initiate and recommend performance improvement action plans and/or corrective action as necessary.
- Create a positive work environment to withhold high staff retention and an excellent customer experience.
- Delegate effectively by assigning and overseeing completion of all store responsibilities through the work of others.
- Successfully manage, order and maintain all store inventory whilst adhering to set budgets and minimum shrinkage.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints in a professional, respectful manner; educate and empower your team to resolve customer concerns in the moment.
- Evaluate the stores performance and the customers experience using a variety of different reports and surveys.
- Forecast, order merchandise and place purchase orders to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Review product placement, merchandising, marketing components/signage and promotional strategies to ensure alignment with brand direction and key product strategies.
- Collaboratively with your District Manager monitor and adjust schedules to maximize employee productivity, obtain payroll goals and cover key business hours/peak days.
- Holds team accountable to knowing and executing all store processes in alignment with company expectations and standards; ensures team members are trained on all processes.
- Action your sound knowledge of shrinkage and loss minimization and implement reduction strategies with your team.
- Ability to work 45+ hours each week. The time invested is to set up your team for success and develop and nurture the skills of each of your team members.
- Must be willing to work all weekends and evenings. We expect you to lead by example and support the store during these times.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours a day
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Drivers license and own vehicle is required
- The ability to manage stress internally and the stress of your team members.
Full-Time Employee Benefits (after 3 month probation period):
- A rewarding and supportive company that promotes & supports growth, and nourishes individuality
- Extended Health Benefits (Health, Dental, A.D.D. etc.)
- Volunteer Time Off Program
- Education reimbursement
- Generous Bonus Structures
- Generous In-Store Discount
- Casual neat attire
We proudly support diversity from all walks of life and proudly supports equal pay rights to all.
We look forward to hearing from you if you want full-time work and have full availability for all shifts, Sunday to Saturday, during operating hours. (7:00am - 11:00pm). Only those candidates with required credentials and selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not call.
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
- Food Service: 2+ years (Required)
- Nutritional Supplement industry: 2+ years (Required)
- Hospitality industry experience is also an asset
- Bachelor's Degree in a field relating to retail management or equivalent experience (Required)
|||Vancouver and/or Burnaby British Columbia |||||||||1K8jTg.7HUfflyfR|||FULL_TIME|||AED|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false