RETAIL STORE MANAGER APPLY NOW
Body Energy Story:
Body Energy Club was founded in 2002. It all began in the modest 500 sq foot space on Davie Street, in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC. Founded on the concept of providing affordable and convenient health options to the community. As of 2021, Body Energy Club is a thriving business of 15 local stores and 150 employees which still holds its core value with a strong commitment to its community. Body Energy Club is a one-stop-shop for all nutritional supplements, vitamins, smoothies, and healthy food options.
What is a Retail Store Manager?
The Store Manager will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations and performance of one of our fast-paced Body Energy Club locations. The Manager will focus on delivering financial results, providing a supportive store environment, setting standards in customer service, and coach/develop team members. Provide a store experience from merchandise presentation to customer service. The Store Manager will report to the Area and District Manager.
This role requires someone who is self-organized, has strong attention to detail, works within budgets, is responsible for meeting deadlines, and is a creative thinker to drive sales initiatives within the store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an outstanding customer service experience and troubleshoot customer complaints to all individuals visiting stores
- Resolve escalated customer complaints in a professional, respectful manner. Educate and empower your team to resolve customer concerns at the moment
- Evaluate the store's performance and customer experience by using a variety of reports and surveys
- Forecast, manage, maintain, and order all store inventory within budget
- Review product placement, merchandising, marketing components/signage, and promotional strategies to ensure alignment with brand direction and key product strategies
- Action sound knowledge of shrinkage and loss minimization and implement reduction strategies within your team
- Manage all team members working at the store by providing leadership and vision of the company’s core values
- Work with and recognize team member potential to create career development plans based on career aspirations
- Train and hold team members accountable for knowing and executing all store processes in alignment with company standards and expectations
- Effectively delegate tasks to team members to achieve employee engagement
- Complete monthly check-in reviews with team members to ensure they are supported on issues and training/performance gaps. Address poor performance and provide opportunities for improvement
- Monitor staff behaviour and provide feedback to management as necessary
- Train staff on updated operational policies and procedures as communicated
- Collaboratively, with Senior Management, monitor and adjust employee schedules to maximize productivity, obtain payroll budget and cover key business hours/peak days
- Support staff on receiving product deliveries and put away when necessary
- Maintain a food-safe and sanitary environment
- Ensure team members are effectively cleaning all equipment required to produce smoothies/bowls such as blenders, spoons, knives, machines, etc.
- Maintain a food-safe and sanitary environment
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Flexible schedule availability required for all applicants during business operations for 7 days a week from 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Full-time hours for Managers can work 40-45 hours a week
- Willing to work evenings and weekends and lead by example to support team members
- Maintain constant punctual attendance and contribute to positive team morale
- Must be able to come in under short notice (i.e., on-call situations, employee relations)
- Driver’s license and an owned vehicle is required
- Bachelor's degree in a field relating to business, retail management or equivalent experience
- FoodSafe Certification is mandatory and up to date
- 2+ years of experience in the health supplement industry required
- 3+ years of experience in a retail management environment required
- OR retail experience at Body Energy Club with a demonstration of job excellence and a strong understanding of company policies and procedures. The manager will evaluate fit for open opportunities
- Hospitality industry experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must obtain good verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong knowledge of nutrition and supplements
- Expert in both retail management and in-store systems, policies, and procedures
- Goal driven and able to achieve maximum results
- Strong capability to multi-task under pressure and obtain strong decision-making skills
- Must be able to work under moderate supervision and troubleshoot team’s questions/concerns
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Body Energy Club products and leading a healthy lifestyle
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to elements such as noise, dust, variety of food products
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working blenders, knives, etc.
- Position requires the ability to be on your feet for a long-extended part of your day, moving equipment or product up to 30 lbs.; reaching and kneeling daily
- Requires the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality, Health, and Growth
- Uphold all company standards relating to customer service, cleanliness, and personal conduct. Expected to act as a role model for all team members
- Ensure customer needs are met in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Food Handler standards must be always met
- Create a positive work environment to increase staff retention
- Provide coaching and correction support as necessary related to the company policy and procedures
- Ability to manage internal stress along with the stress of team members
- Assist in meeting monthly targets and encourage sales growth
- A rewarding and supportive company that promotes career development and nourishes individuality
- Extended Health Benefits (Health, Dental, AD&D, etc.)
- Volunteer Time Off Program
- Generous Bonus Structures
- Generous In-Store Discount
- Discounted/free food
- Casual dress
- Education tuition reimbursement (restrictions may apply)
We proudly support diversity from all walks of life and support equal pay rights to all.
We look forward to hearing from you if you want full-time work and have full availability for all shifts, Sunday to Saturday, during operating hours. (6:00am - 11:00pm)
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not call.
Thank you for your time!
|||Vancouver British Columbia |||||||||nNUlnDPboacRcRUd|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false