People and Performance Human Resources Manager APPLY NOW
Vancouver's Best Vitamin, Sport Supplements and Smoothie bar has an opening for a:
People and Performance Human Resources Manager
About Body Energy Club:
Body Energy Club was founded in 2002. It all began in the modest 500 square foot space on Davie Street, in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC. Founded on the concept of providing affordable and convenient health options to the community, Body Energy Club is now a thriving business of over 17 locations. There are 15 in Canada and two in Los Angeles with over 150 employees who still hold the company’s core value of a strong commitment to its community. Body Energy Club is a one stop shop for all nutritional supplements, vitamins, smoothies and clean food options.
In the position of People and Performance Human Resources Manager, you will function as a key member and trusted advisor to Body Energy Club’s store managers and franchise partners. You will oversee the ongoing hiring process and participate in the development and implementation of new employee programs and strategies that align with Body Energy’s human resources goals.
You will act as a coach to the area and store managers at all levels and champion a positive work environment through proactive coaching and leadership / team development.
You will possess strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and the ability to translate business needs into outstanding human resources programs to achieve the goals of the company.
As a People and Performance Human Resources Manager, you will also be responsible for day to day management of a team of direct reports (Talent Coordinator and more, based on needs).
· Reviews current HR practices and manages the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and programs that are aligned to organization needs and values.
· Provides advice and support to the Leadership and Management Teams in relation to strategic and operational Human Resources.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships within the organization to understand business needs and deliver efficient HR solutions to increase employee engagement.
· Provides an assessment of risk and alternative solutions to challenging issues in consideration of applicable legislation and common law.
· Supports acquisition growth through successful onboarding and collaboration with newly acquired franchise partners.
· Supports Body Energy Club’s technology and digital transformation through the implementation and continuous optimization of Humanity, our employee experience platform or other digital programs.
· Supports organizational design and change management strategies that enable the company to respond to growth, new technologies, market demand and work practices.
· Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance.
· Full-cycle recruitment: Working closely with the hiring team to create job descriptions, screen candidates, carry out interviews, call references, prepare offers and negotiate contracts.
· Supports performance management processes based on well-defined objectives and competencies that accurately identifies good performers, addresses poor performance, and provides guidance on career paths and development for supervisors and managers.
· Assist learning & development team with programs for employee professional development through internal & external training programs.
· Approachable and confidential point of contact/resource for employees and leaders on matters related to HR.
· Proactively partners with corporate store managers and franchise partners to provide coaching and counsel to identify people issues and provide advice to resolve these matters.
· Conducts investigations and resolve concerns effectively.
· Coaches manager to and assists them in how to have feedback conversations, etc.
· Support legislative training on policies, such as Respectful Workplace and Violence in the Workplace.
Benefits Administration & Employee Wellness
· Responsible for administrating benefits (enrolments, changes etc.) and keeping plan documents up to date.
· Participates in annual benefits renewal conversations with brokers/carriers; understand how to extract all possible value for dollars spent.
· Manage medical leaves.
Key Relationships: Executive Team, District Manager, Area Managers, People & Performance Team.
Key Performance Indicators
Employee Retention, Employee Development, Employee Engagement, Performance Management
Leadership – builds trust, inspires and motivates others, change agent, has high levels of resilience, coaches, enlists others by being authentic with a dose of humility and humour.
Business acumen – deploys a strategic focus when implementing HR best practices, leverages influence, critical thinker, solid understanding of the business. Skilled negotiation of critical issues.
Communication – impactful presentations, articulates effectively, polished, demonstrates empathy, exceptional listening skills, encourages others to have difficult conversations, and maintains strict confidentiality.
Client focus – provides outstanding client focus by delivering value-add best practices HR services and programs.
Team building –maintains a focus on collaboration, employee relations, performance management, holds others accountable, engagement & retention strategies.
Analytics – monitors HR data such as: new hires, terminations, promotions, recognition, training.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum 5-7 years of progressive HR experience, including experience leading a team in a retail environment.
Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
Business Degree or Diploma specializing in Human Resources Management or suitable combination of education and experience.
Solid understanding of relevant BC laws & regulations, and resourceful with the ability to stay current on other provincial legislations.
Solid understanding of relevant California laws and regulations, an asset.
Sound knowledge in all HR disciplines including hiring, performance management, resource planning, compensation, and employee engagement.
Experience coaching and influencing business stakeholders.
Strong employee relations experience is required, including hiring, conflict resolution, performance improvement, and terminations.
Proven ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, interpret data and determine implications, provide recommendations, and effectively resolve.
Actively develops and maintains a network of external contacts to maintain awareness of HR best practices.
Excellent communications skills and ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationships based on trust.
Project management skills with the ability to shape and implement change.
We proudly support diversity from all walks of life and proudly supports equal pay rights to all.
Please include a cover letter and including the reasons you are applying and your expected salary. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not call.
Thank you for your interest and application!
|||Vancouver British Columbia |||||||||0JXHlzKguQi18Ji8|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false