Body Energy Club Online Inc. ("BEC") Privacy Statement
BEC's privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Why does BEC collect personal information?
- At BEC, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by BEC and its agents, dealers and related companies;
- To manage and develop BEC’s business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
What type of personal information does BEC collect?
BEC collects information that helps us personalize and improve your shopping experience. Here are the types of information that we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our websites or provide us in any other way (i.e. telephone call). This includes things such as name and address. You can choose not to provide information to us but this may limit the features that you can use on the site. We use the information you provide for such purposes as sending your packages, creating an account and answering your emails.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more relevant to you, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BEC if your computer supports such capabilities.
Does BEC Share the Information It Receives?
The privacy of our customers is very important to BEC. We share customer information only as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, a company such as Canada Post ships parcels on our behalf. These companies may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but they are only provided the limited amount of information required to perform their service.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, it is possible that our assets may be acquired and customer information may be one of the transferred assets. However, your private information will continue to be governed by our privacy statement.
- Legal Reasons: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law or protect the rights, property, or safety of BEC, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you'll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you'll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Will BEC Contact Me?
BEC may contact you in different ways in relation to doing business with BEC. This includes but is not limited to giving you information by email regarding your order's shipping date and soliciting feedback after your shopping experience. BEC may also contact you to inform you about products or services by mail, e-mail, text-message, telephone or other means. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, simply contact us and tell us that you do not wish to be contacted in a particular manner. We will process this request immediately and you will not be contacted again for marketing purposes.
BEC has a variety of email marketing programs that customers may opt-in to receiving. You may opt-out at any time by clicking on the link in the bottom of the e-mail or emailing email@example.com BEC will only send you these marketing emails if you have opted in to receiving them.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
Body Energy Club Online Inc. strives to protect your personal information. For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information, such as your credit card number, billing and shipping information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once our websites receive your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security in the system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the websites strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
It is also important that you protect your password to your BEC account in order to prevent others from accessing it. Please be sure to always click "Sign out" when you are finished browsing the site or making a transaction.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Which Information Can I Access?
BEC allows you to access all information that we have stored in your account by logging in. You have the right to change the data at any time
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you always can choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences by logging in to your account and doing so there or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to protecting the online privacy of children. Our websites are general audience websites not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, BEC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Please email us at email@example.com if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
If you have any concerns about privacy at BEC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to resolve them.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Statement may change also. Please check our websites frequently to view any recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies to all information that we have about you. Once again, we care very much about protecting the privacy of our customers.
We really believe in the power of our customers and we want to reward you for telling everyone you know about Bodyenergyclub.com!
Ask us how >
Become our fan to enter a random weekly prize draw for a
$100 gift certificate.
Learn more >