Hands up all you ladies who want to look great in those party dresses and have thinner thighs in time for the holidays. This is another one of my favourite leg workouts that really deliver great results.
YEOWZAHHHHHH!!!!! After doing this workout, I sure felt it in my glutes and legs the very next day. LOL!!! (No pain no gain… to some extent, within reason). One of my favourite fitness models, Flavia Del Monte put this fabulous “Thinner thighs workout” together that is guaranteed to help you have thinner thighs in time for the holidays.
- Keep everything moderate to light weight.
- Keep rest periods very short.
- No rest in between exercises and ONLY 40 seconds rest in between sets and combos.
- Goal: You will want to aim to fatigue the legs and keep your heart rate really high!
- If you are a beginner or intermediate do 2-3 sets, otherwise do 4 sets if you are advanced.
- This workout should take you approximately 38 minutes.
- Combo one:
- Weighted walking lunges 20/leg
- (superset ) Bodyweight step-ups (very high) 10 reps
- Rest 40 seconds, complete 4 sets before going onto combo two.
- Combo two:
- Seated leg curl 12 reps.
- Weighted squat jump 15 reps.
- Squat with lateral side raise 12/leg.
- Rest 40 seconds, complete 4 sets before going onto combo three.
- Combo three:
- Front squat 15 reps.
- Leg press 20 reps.
- Bodyweight split squat 12/leg
- Rest 40 seconds, complete 4 sets before going onto the calves combo one.
- Combo one:
- Leg press calf raise (heavy) 12 reps.
- Superset with standing calf raise (barbell) 10 reps.
- Rest 45 seconds, complete 4 sets before going onto the next exercise.
- Finish off with the seated calf raise (light-med) 25 reps.
- Rest 30 seconds, and complete 4 sets.
- Make sure you stretch after this workout.
- One can do some steady state cardio or HIIT (high intensity interval training) if you still have some energy left.
- I truly love this workout as it makes me feel like I have really accomplished a decent workout that delivers great results and burns BIG TIME calories!!!!
- J Have FUN!!!! Try it out, you’ll love it!