As Christmas is just around the corner, I would like to give you all the special gift of my Rocket Fuel Cookies from my most prized recipes. The original recipe was devised by my mom and I way back in 1983. Over the last twenty-some years I have revised it several times, always trying to improve the nutritional quality of my product. This recipe was once called “Teresa’s Monster Cookies”, but I think “Rocket Fuel Cookies” is more appropriate. In my current recipe, I use a variation of healthy flour which include ancient grains and some gluten-free varieties.
Teresa’s Rocket Fuel Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
List of ingredients:
- 1 cup butter or extra virgin coconut oil (or ½ c of both) NEVER, EVER, EVER use margarine as it is only one molecule away from plastic!!! YUCKY!!!!!
- 1 cup sucanant sugar (from the pure cane juice)
- 1 cup of palm coconut sugar (we sell it at Body Energy Club) J
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (usually 2, but when I use buckwheat flour it tends to absorb a lot of moisture)
- 3 cups of flour (my special blend of organic kamut or spelt flour, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa (regular and sprouted, then milled varieties), maca root powder, Sachi Inchi protein powder, coconut flour (no more than 20% of the flour ratio)
- 1 tsp of baking soda (Always dissolve baking soda in something sour to get rid of the chalky taste.) I like to use 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice. You may also use buttermilk or yogurt if you don’t have a lemon.
- ¼ tsp of salt (I use sea salt)
- 2 cups of EXCELLENT quality chocolate chunks (using Belgium or Swiss chocolate bars) I like to use a variety of dark and milk chocolate. Sometimes I like to add some high quality white chocolate to the mix. You may also like to get creative and use a few bars with different nuts added and cut those up as I have. (Almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (Almonds, pecans, etc. chopped up into small pieces).
- Cream the butter or extra virgin coconut oil until smooth using your electric mixer.
- Start adding your sugar gradually, then the vanilla extract.
- Proceed to adding the eggs once the sugar is dissolved in the cream mixture.
- Add the 1 tsp of baking soda dissolved in the lemon juice into the wet ingredients.
- Blend well.
- In a big bowl, sift the different flour blend you choose to use. Add salt, chocolate chunks, and nuts to this mix. Stir this mixture around before you add the wet ingredients.
- Fold and stir in the wet ingredients with your flour/chocolate/nut mixture (dry ingredients).
- You want to create a medium, soft dough in texture, otherwise they won’t form the “perfect mountainous terrain”. If your dough seems fairly stiff, add an egg or some milk. This maybe because you used a fair amount of buckwheat flour which sucks up a lot of moisture. If your dough is too soft, try and add some more flour and blend well. This will prevent your Rocket Fuel Cookies from spreading too thin on the pan while baking.
- Place parchment paper on the cookie sheet to prevent sticking. This also prevents cookies from breaking apart.
- Get two spoons and use one for grabbing a ball of dough from the bowl.
- Using both spoons together, slightly flatten out the cookies while keeping the tops of them very “mountainous.” I am SOOOOOOO fussy especially when I bake this particular cookie.
- Leave adequate room in between the cookies so they don’t blend into each other.
- Bake 8-10 minutes for smaller cookies. (Turn pans around halfway through baking.)
- Bake 10-14 minutes for larger cookies. (You can always add a min if needed.)
- Bake until slightly golden. Check the edges of the cookie and test with a toothpick if needed.
- When using darker, more heartier flour varieties, one must pay particular attention to the time as it would be a tragedy if they were to burn.
I LOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE this recipe and find it to be one of the best cookies I’ve ever eaten. (You will understand what I mean when you try them. Oh yes, modesty for a moment was thrown out the window when describing these amazing cookies. LOL!!!!) They are full of great nutrients. The nuts are full of great essential fats. The dark chocolate is full of minerals and antioxidants. I use a healthy variety of different flour to ensure I’m getting lots of fiber and other good nutrients. Blend this together with Maca root and you will have more energy! Enjoy!!! J EVERYONE you serve these Rocket Fuel cookies to will be SUPER pleased!!!! (And beg for more!) LOL!!! J