Have your ever thought about the ways to help your body thrive through deep sleep? Most humans spend about one-third of their lives asleep but never stop to think about the quality of their sleep.
During sleep the body performs some critical functions to heal itself. For example, restoration of all the organs occurs so that they can function properly. Detoxification occurs which allows the body to produce enough immune system to fight against infection and stay healthy.
Studies have proven over and over that poor sleeping patterns are associated with poor health. Chronic sleep deprivation leads to numerous health problems like depression, high blood pressure, obesity, irritability, irregular hormone production, decreased concentration and memory, and a weakened immune system.
As I say in every blog I write, YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR EXPERIENCE…
Here are some suggestions to help you get a deep 8 hours of sleep every night:
1. Do not eat at least four hours before bed. During sleep, your digestive system slows down. For this reason, eating late at night is not recommended because the enzymes and stomach acid which are used to convert food into energy are not running, thus causing an accumulation of calories in the body. A full stomach of food will not allow your body to heal itself during sleep.
2. Do not watch TV or sit in front of the computer screen 2 hours before bed. Yes, this means changing your habits! Both of these devices give off bright light. This bright light activates certain brain cells which keep us awake. In addition, many TV shows and movies include dynamic, fast moving objects that excite the brain.
3. Try reading a positive, non violent book before bed, as this activity slows you down and creates a restful state.
4. Practice deep breathing techniques before bed. Take 10 deep, full lung breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Practice slowing your breathing rate down and calming your mind. This activity sends a messages to your brain and muscles cells that it is time to relax, slow down and get ready for a deep sleep.
5. Clear your mind of all your daily stresses. Tell yourself that you subtract your job from your mind. Subtract your money concerns. Subtract your relationship issues. Subtract all the stress in your life. Release it and be present in the moment. Don’t worry, it will be there when you get up!
6. Try taking ZMA. This product is my favorite natural supplement at the Body Energy Club. ZMA is a combination of Zinc, Magnesium and B6. This product is designed to assist your body in reaching a deep sleep. It is not a sedative and will not make you drowsy when you wake up. It is also not addictive like may prescription sleep medications. The adult male dosage is 3 capsules and for women it is 2 capsules, approximately 30 minutes before bed. Come by the Davie street Body Energy Club and I can show you ZMA, my favorite product in the whole store! Oh ya, I already told you that:)
You can change your sleeping patterns.
You can prepare yourself for a deep 8 hours of sleep.
Love and honor your body and create the lifestyle changes to enable your temple to heal and regenerate itself.
Life is so much more amazing when fully rested from a deep 8 hours of sleep. Give your body a chance to thrive through deep sleep.
Never ever give up on your dreams.
The power with you is very strong!