This is an advanced phase 1 day 1 workout by Joel Marion, another one of my favorite personal trainers and nutritionist.
• Foam rolling 10x per trouble spot
• Prisoner squat 10 reps (hands behind head)
• Pushups 10 reps
• Stick up 10 reps (leaning up against a wall and move arms up over your head)
• Prisoner lunge 10 reps (hands behind your head)
• Perform this circuit 2 x
Advanced Phase 1 Day 1 workout A:
Do a warm up set with 50% of regular weight for exercises in the first circuit.
• Dumbbell reverse lunge 8 reps per side (201 tempo)
• Dumbbell chest press 8 reps (301 tempo)
• Dumbbell row 8 reps per side (201 tempo)
• Stability ball rollouts 12 reps (301 tempo)
• Do all sets with no rest. Rest 1 minute after each circuit. Perform 3 circuits altogether.
Rest 1 minute.
• Dumbbell squat 30 seconds
• Close grip pushup 30 seconds (shoulder width apart)
• Dumbbell rear delt lift 30 seconds (bend over with a lateral raise)
• 1 Arm dumbbell squat and press 30 seconds per side
• Perform this circuit 3 x and rest one minute after each circuit.
Make sure you stretch your body including those LEGS and GLUTES!! You can even do some more foam rolling for the legs (hamstrings, glutes, IT band, etc.) If you still have lots of energy after this workout and want to do some cardio you can do 20-30 minutes of steady state cardio or if you want more of a challenge, try a HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio. A few minutes of sprints/jog or walk is one example of this type of cardio. Either way, have fun and stay active!!!