I LOVE barbequed Cajun chicken breast! Today’s recipe is one of my main go to staples. I could virtually eat this every single day without getting bored of it. Mmmmm…. Succulent, savory and soooo aromatic that it will make your taste buds dance in your mouth. You can also try this recipe on Halibut steaks and turkey breasts barbequed on the grill.
Barbequed Cajun Chicken Breast:
• 6 chicken breasts washed – rinse and drain any excess liquid from the bowl
• 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
• The juice squeezed from ½ of a lemon or lime
• Sea salt to taste (gently sprinkle over each side)
• Pepper to taste
• 1 ½ Tbsp of White balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 2 ½ Tbsp or more of the Cajun seasoning spice blend sprinkled generously all over the chicken
• 1 Tbsp of a mix of Italian spices
• Rinse off the chicken breast and remove any excess fat from the chicken and liquid from the bowl.
• Crush the garlic cloves and rub it into the chicken on both sides.
• Add the sea salt sparingly
• One can also use some salt substitute to keep the sodium at a lower level.
• Sprinkle cracked pepper over the chicken.
• Add both liquids (citrus juice and vinegar) to the chicken.
• Generously sprinkle the Cajun Seasoning spice blend over the chicken breast.
• Lastly, sprinkle the Italian seasoning blend sparingly over the chicken.
• Have your barbeque preheated to medium/high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
• You may want to let your chicken breast marinate for a few hours or overnight. It can also be barbequed as soon as it’s mixed together if you are in a rush.
• Depending on thickness, I usually barbeque the chicken 2 minutes then turn for another 2 minutes before flipping and repeating.
• The internal temperature for chicken must be 165 degrees F or higher.
• Transfer the chicken to a plate when finished barbequing.
• Let your barbequed Cajun chicken stand for a few minutes before cutting into it.
I love eating this Cajun chicken in my salads or having it alongside of one.
Be sure to try it soon! Enjoy!!