This is a wonderful strength workout designed by Joel Marion.
Perform as many as you can in good form A1, A2, A3, until you have completed the number of prescribed reps for each exercise. Number of sets will vary with each workout.
- A1 Barbell or dumbbell front squat – 35 reps (use dumbbells if no bar is available and squat like you are sitting on a chair using a goblet hold with the dumbbell)
- A2 Rotational pushup 40 reps
- A3 Reverse lunges 40 per leg
- Travelling hand walkouts – 3 in each direction (have your body move out in front of you like a caterpillar and back)
- Swing lunges (as many as possible for 45 seconds per leg)
Perform as many reps as possible with good form then go to the next exercise ie: B2, B3, and so forth. Perform this until you have completed the number of prescribed reps then rest for 30 seconds.
- B1 Deadlift 30 reps
- B2 Bent over dumbbell row 40 reps
- B3 Standing single leg calf raise 30 reps per leg (hold the weight in the working leg)
- Side to side walks – as many as possible in 60 seconds (walk side to side with hands while feet stay in 1 spot)
- Jump squats – 100 (50 each leg or do the regular with both legs)
- Dive bomber pushup- as many reps as possible
Stretch after your workout and if you still have energy and time I would suggest a little cardio to finish this workout. You may also want to do a mini circuit of abs when you are getting ready to do your stretching. Make sure you eat some protein or drink a protein shake after your workout to ensure that you allow your body to repair itself. This should be done within an hour after exercise. Have a great day everyone!